Off The Page offers in-class residencies and workshops including:
- Year-long in-class residencies
- Semester-long in-class residencies
- Multi-week in-class residences.
- One-time workshops
10-12 week residency
10-12 week residency exploring one topic per grade in Social Studies or ELA to be chosen by the classroom teachers. Off The Page will custom craft a curriculum to explore the topic of the teachers’ choosing.
This residency includes one classroom contact session per week of the residency in each classroom on the grade level, as well as planning sessions with the classroom teachers.
Semester or Year-long residency
Semester or Year-long residency. Off The Page will use our curriculum to dovetail with the NY State Social Studies or ELA Curriculum. This residency includes one classroom contact session per week school is in session plus the potential for several extra sessions around special topics if needed. Also included are planning sessions with classroom teachers.
Past Residency Topics Have Included:
- The Civil Rights Movement
- Industrialization & Child Labor
- Slavery/Underground Railroad
- Native Americans
- Soundscapes of NYC
- Civics: Federal, State & Local Government
- Pre-K curriculum support through music, intro to music concepts
- Self-contained Special Education: Creating Fairy Tales using Music, Writing, Art
- Subject specific songwriting workshops
- Custom Crafted residencies on a topic of the school’s choosing
Pre-K and K Residencies
Pre-K and K Residencies exploring the curriculum through music. We enrich topics such as numbers, alphabet, colors, science explorations and even math subjects through music. Students also experience a basic introduction to musical concepts, learning about dynamics, choral singing, song structure and following a conductor.
Stand Alone One Day Workshop
These workshops can be for one class or across a grade level and explore one topic. Past topics have included:
- The Immigrant Experience in NYC
- Storytelling through Sound and Music
- Sights and Sounds of our City